Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian Suitable
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into four thin slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut into four thick slices
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into four ‘cheeks’
- 1 large zucchini, cut into eight slices
- 4 large mushrooms
- 250g haloumi, cut into four pieces
- 1 cup basil, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, very finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
How to make
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan over moderate heat. Working in batches, add the sweet potato and eggplant and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove, cover and set aside.
2. Add 1 more teaspoon of oil to the pan and cook the red capsicum and mushrooms for 3 minutes each side. Remove, cover and set aside. Repeat the process for the mushrooms and set aside.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the grill, increase the heat to high and add the halloumi to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the chunky pesto. Combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts and remaining olive oil (2 tablespoons) in a small mixing bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and mix well. Or alternatively, combine the ingredients together in a food processor and blitz until combined.
5. To serve, divide the vegetables between four serving plates, assembling the stacks and topped with a piece of haloumi. Serve with a side of baby spinach and pour the chunky pesto over each stack.
Leftover vegetable stacks can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- sugars, total
- saturated fat