Welcome to the Blackmores Infant Formula website. Please take a moment to read this important message:
Blackmores supports breastfeeding as the best nutrition for babies.
If you are considering an alternative to breastfeeding, please consult your health care professional.
- Breastfeeding provides the right amount of nutrients needed for baby’s healthy growth particularly in the first 6 months.
- Breastfeeding transfers antibodies and other protective factors that help protect baby against common infections.
- Breastfeeding will help a mother’s womb return to normal size and assist in using up the extra fat stored in preparation for making breast milk.
- Frequent breastfeeding will provide nipple stimulation and help to increase a mother’s milk supply to meet the needs of her growing baby, so it may be difficult to return to full breastfeeding if parents decide to partially formula feed a breastfed baby.
- Parents should always consider the social and financial implications before selecting a method of baby feeding.
- Formulas should always be prepared and used as directed. Improper use of infant formula, such as the use of unboiled water, incorrect dilution or unhygienic bottles may cause your baby to become ill.
By clicking on the Continue button, you are confirming that you have read and understood this information.