This muesli mixture is designed just for your immune system - to give it some extra love first thing in the morning with warming spices and wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients.
Start with winter’s antidote and one of the most well-known sources of vitamin C; the orange. By using the zest and juice, you not only get the vitamin C but also the antioxidants to the support a healthy immune system that can only be found in the peel.
Then comes fresh ginger that provides warmth, to stimulate your circulation and get your blood flowing. Add a probiotic-rich plain yoghurt to support a balanced and fighting fit digestive system and you have one incredibly nourishing and supportive breakfast to enjoy first thing or to grab and go.
Vegetarian, vegan option
- ½ cup rolled barley
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1 large navel orange, juice and zest
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp local or manuka honey (optional)
- 300ml oat milk
- 4 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Optional toppings: Pumpkin seeds, seasonal fruit or fruit compote of your choices, extra yoghurt
How to make
- The night before, combine all the ingredients, excluding toppings, in a airtight container and leave to soak in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, divide the mixture up between two bowls, top with your favourite toppings and enjoy
- You can mix all the ingredients together and then divide into smaller containers before leaving them to soak overnight. Then you can grab your breakfast and go in the morning