Made with dates and apricots these biccies are a good source of dietary fibre. Fibre
is an essential part of our diet. It works to support gut health and helps to keep us ‘regular’.
Fibre also helps us to feel fuller for longer and helps support health blood glucose levels.
These treats and are free of dairy, gluten, preservatives and refined sugar and made with only plant-based ingredients so perfect for those eating a vegan diet
. What more could you ask for in a snack!
- 14 apricots (preservative free if possible)
- 2 x medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 cups almond meal (blanched)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cacao buds (melted over low heat)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 block chocolate, melted over low heat (dairy and refined sugar free)
- 6 apricots, chopped finely to sprinkle on top
How to make
- Place the apricots, pitted dates, almond meal, coconut, rice malt syrup, vanilla, almond butter, coconut butter, maple syrup and Himalayan rock salt into blender
- Heat the cacao buds in a saucepan on the stove over low heat, stirring until just melted. Add to the mixture in the blender
- Blend on high speed until it reaches a sticky consistency. When you press the mixture it should bind together
- Take the mixture out of the blender and place it in a bowl
- Roll into 45g balls and then flatten them into 1cm high biscuit shapes
Amee Springall, the founder of Love Raw Treats
, is passionate about making mouth-watering plant-based healthy treats that are packed full of flavour and are hand made with lots of LOVE.
All of the treats are made with the highest quality ingredients and are free of dairy, gluten, soy, refined sugars, additives and preservatives.