This delicious vegan
chocolate cake is easy to make and is packed full of goodness making it the perfect healthy treat. It is plant-based, dairy, gluten and refined sugar free.
Cacao is full of flavonoids which are natural antioxidants. It has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. Cacao is a great source of plant-based source of iron and also contains magnesium.
- 3½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ½ tsp bi carb soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbsp flax meal combined with 9 teaspoons Coco Quench)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cacao butter
- 10 tbsp raw cacao
- 8 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Punnet of raspberries to serve
How to make
- To make the cake: Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare a 18cm cake tin with coconut oil + dust with almond meal or desiccated coconut to help prevent the cake sticking
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond meal, cacao, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt) in a large mixing bowl
- Blend together the wet ingredients maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut milk, flax meal mixture, vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and pop into the oven. Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 30 minutes then transfer to the wire rack to cool completely
- To make the chocolate sauce: in a saucepan melt the chocolate ingredients on a very low heat. When melted and combined, set aside to cool slightly
- To serve: serve a slice of chocolate cake drizzled with the warm chocolate sauce and top with raspberries
Amee Springall, the founder of Love Raw Treats
, is passionate about making mouth-watering plant-based healthy treats that are packed full of flavour and are hand made with lots of LOVE.
All of the treats are made with the highest quality ingredients and are free of dairy, gluten, soy, refined sugars, additives and preservatives.