Macadamia nuts are a rich source of tryptophan and melatonin, two amino acids linked to the regulation of our sleep-wake cycle. Interestingly, dark chocolate is a source of good-for-you antioxidants and also magnesium, a mineral which can assist in muscle relaxation. So, if this tasty dark chocolate treat can help support a good night’s sleep, it would be rude to refuse?! Wouldn’t it.
Serves - 24
Prep time - 10 minutes
Chill time - 30 minutes
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- 300g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 ½ cups roasted macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried apricot, roughly chopped
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
How to make
1. Line 2 x 12 mini muffin trays with paper cases and set aside. Place dark chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl. Melt on medium. Stir well.
2. Add macadamias, apricot, orange zest and coconut to the melted chocolate. Mix to combine.
3. Divide mixture amongst the lined trays, top with an additional sprinkle of coconut and piece of apricot. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
4. Remove and serve.
Is Dark Chocolate Dairy-Free? Most dark cooking chocolate is free from dairy, but not all of them. If you are preparing these treats for a vegan or lactose-intolerant friend, double check the ingredients list first.
- sugars, total
- saturated fat