What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live micro-organisms often referred to as "friendly bacteria" or "good bacteria," which are similar to the usual members of normal human microflora communities, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
Probiotics help to restore and replenish the good, natural bacteria in the digestive system and reduce the growth of harmful organisms.
The benefits of probiotics
Stress, alcohol consumption, certain medications and eating poorly can throw out your gut’s balance of good versus bad bacteria and may lead to dysbiosis
(a change in the microflora).
Probiotics help to restore balance of good bacteria to help support general health.
Having a balance of the ‘good’ gut bacteria also helps to support digestive health, skin health, and immune system and bowel health.
Why choose Blackmores Probiotics+?
Blackmores Probiotics+ are a range of fridge free probiotics based on scientific evidence containing clinically trialled probiotic strains.
The products help keep your gut healthy and running smoothly and are developed using a specialised formulation process and packaging technology to keep the good bacteria alive.
Blackmores Probiotics+ range uses measures in the manufacturing process and packaging that ensures the preservation of the probiotics without the need to refrigerate, so they are delivered in the digestive system alive where they are required.
Whilst it is well known that high temperatures can affect the viability of probiotics, moisture is as big a threat to their survival.
The Blackmores Probiotics+ range is shelf stable because we use a sophisticated formulation process and packaging techniques to help prevent moisture from harming the good bacteria. Because our probiotics contain such low levels of moisture, heat isn’t such a worry and you don’t need to store them in the fridge.
The range includes: Daily Health, Kids Daily Health, Bowel Support, Immune Support, and Skin Support so you can easily select a product to suit your needs. All are in a convenient one a day dose.
A potent dual-action formula with five scientifically studied probiotic strains and a prebiotic.
- Helps restore and maintain digestive & intestinal health
- Helps relieve symptoms of bloating, gas or flatulence
- Prebiotic to support a healthy microflora and ‘good bacteria’ growth
Multi-action kids formula with four scientifically trialled probiotic strains, a prebiotic and vitamins.
- Helps support kid’s digestive and immune health
- May reduce the frequency and duration of cold symptoms
- Helps reduce the number of days absent from preschool due to colds
- Easily dissolving powder individually packaged for convenience and to protect probiotic potency
- Plus a prebiotic, vitamins C & D
- May support healthy digestive and bowel function
- With FODMAP friendly fibre, containing a special blend of probiotics and prebiotic fibre
- May support bowel regularity
Multi-action probiotic with five scientifically studied strains, prebiotic, vitamin C and zinc.
- Supports immune system function
- May help reduce severity of ills and chills
- Contains a specific probiotic which may help reduce the risk of ills and chills in healthy adults
- With the added benefit of zinc and vitamin C
Dual-action formula contains a clinically trialled probiotic providing 20 billion good bacteria, plus a prebiotic.
- May help prevent adult acne outbreaks
- Supports natural defences in the digestive system
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your health professional. Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.