The gorgeous green crust of pistachios and pepitas provides additional protein, along with magnesium and calcium to encourage bone strength and development. This feature dish is perfect to serve share-style in the middle of the table.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 500g salmon side (skin on)
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
How to make
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a large oven-safe tray with baking paper. Place the salmon on the tray, skin-side down.
2. Place the pistachios, pepitas, parsley, dill, capers, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the nut mixture evenly over the top of the salmon to form a crust. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove tray from the oven and scatter the broccolini around the sides of the salmon. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the broccolini and return the tray to the oven for a final 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter to serve, alongside extra lemon wedges, if desired.
Leftover salmon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- sugars, total
- saturated fat